Dr. Axe’s protocol for seasonal allergies
I struggle with seasonal allergies. I have had great success using D-Hist for years. https://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/social/natural-dhist/.
This year I seem to need more help with my allergy issues. I have been using Dr. Josh Axe’s new book Ancient Remedies as my reference for all things holistic. This book is terrific! As with all things holistic, my first approach is always to limit or eliminate inflammatory foods such as sugar, dairy and wheat. Even eating a heavy plant based and clean diet, I have had huge histamine problems this year. Here is the protocol that Dr. Axe suggests for allergy relief that has been a real help to me. As with all supplements, please consult your physician before taking any vitamins or supplements.
- Raw local honey (1-2 tsp a day)
- Stinging Nettle has antihistamine properties (300-500 mg twice daily)
- Butterbur combats excess mucus and hay fever (500 mg daily)
- Quercetin and vitamin C which lower histamine (1,000 mg of each 3 times a day)
- Probiotics to improve immunity and gut health (50 billion IU daily)
- 8 glasses of water and 8 hours of sleep
- diffuse 3 drops of lemon , peppermint and eucalyptus oil
The link below has some really great suggestions for dealing with allergies in a natural way too!