Dealing With Holiday Heartburn
The holidays can be a tough time for many people. If you struggle with heartburn, here are some helpful suggestions from Dole.
- Keep meals small – don’t try to finish leftovers, put them away for another meal!
- Avoid fatty foods, alcohol and coffee.
- Avoid peppermint- even though it may be a holiday favorite!
- Leave plenty of time between sleeping and eating (don’t lay down right after a meal).
- Lastly, as this study suggests, you may consider moving towards a predominantly plant based- Mediterranean style diet.