Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
I love to use chia seeds daily in my morning smoothie, over my oatmeal or as a pudding with berries on top! I try to consume 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds daily for the omega 3, fiber and calcium benefits. I’ve included a recipe below from the Food Revolution network.
I tend to eyeball my recipe with a splash of chia seeds, 2/3 of the container filled with a non dairy milk, a pinch of cinnamon and a small bit of maple syrup. I let this mixture sit a whole day and stir it once or twice during the day if I remember. I eat it for breakfast the next day with berries on top. Such a healthy and delicious breakfast!
Chocolate Chia Pudding
Make this chocolate chia pudding the night ahead for a delicious and nutritious sweet treat the next day.
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- ¾ cup almond milk or plant-based drink of your choice
- 1 tsp. maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- Raspberries for topping
How to Make It:
- In a mason jar, mix together the chia seeds and almond milk.
- Add maple syrup, cocoa powder, and vanilla extra, and mix with a fork until the liquid is uniform.
- Place in the fridge, and let sit overnight.
- When you are ready to eat your chocolate chia pudding, stir the mixture, and add raspberries or the fruit of your choice.
Easy Coconut Water Chia Breakfast Pudding Recipe (from Green Smoothie Girl’s website)
¼ cup chia seeds
½ cup coconut water
½ cup coconut milk, coconut cream, or coconut yogurt
1 tsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
Chopped strawberries, blueberries, sliced mangoes, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, or other toppings of your choice.
- Gradually mix or whisk the chia seeds with the coconut water.
- Stir in the coconut milk, cream, or yogurt, and the maple syrup.
- Wait 5 minutes, then stir again, to reduce clumping.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Stir again before serving, and add toppings as desired.
I made this healthy chia seed pudding with organic blueberries on top for a friend recently. Use a pretty jar and and a nice tag to surprise a coworker with a healthy midmorning snack!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (or other natural sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon (optional)
- Fresh fruits for topping
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon (if using).
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar with a lid and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir the mixture a few times within the first hour to make sure the chia seeds are evenly distributed and not clumping together.
- In the morning, give the mixture a good stir and top with your favorite fresh fruits.
Enjoy your dairy-free and gut-friendly coconut chia pudding with a burst of fruity goodness!