Dr. Nelson’s Green Smoothie Recipe
Dr. Cary Nelson has a great green smoothie recipe. I make something similar to this recipe almost everyday. My green smoothie gives me the energy I need for my very busy days. I add fresh lemon to my smoothie and I substitute organic spinach for the kale most of the time. You could substitute orange juice if you don’t like the taste of coconut water. Enjoy!
“Dr. Nelson’s Sweet and Spicy Green Smoothie”
- 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled
- 2 cups kale
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 carrot
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup water or unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- Add everything to your blender, with greens and ginger at the bottom.
- Blend until smooth. If it’s too thick, add a little extra water. If it’s too thin, blend with ½ a frozen banana or ½ of an avocado.
- My Sweet and Spicy Green Smoothie is packed with vegetables and fruit: It contains 2 full servings of fruit, and 3 servings of vegetables. So when you drink this in the morning, you’re getting half of your daily recommended values -– in one go!
- It’s rich in fiber, which is crucial for blood sugar regulation and good for your gut health.
- It tastes amazing! And when fruits and vegetables taste like a tropical drink, it’s that much easier to eat more each day.